Sunday, December 12, 2010

New quilt!

As of December 30th, we will have been in this house for a year, and I am just now starting on the extra bedroom!  I originally decided I was going to paint the walls because it is this blinding light blue.  But, after spending a lot of time in there (it also serves as my sewing room) I decided the blue was actually calming.  I thought maybe if I found the right comforter, I could break up the blue.  I looked for a long time and tried a couple of options, but I was not happy.  So, I finally decided to make something.  I went through all of my scraps and just did giant squares with a fun border.  Plus, I got my new machine during the process, so I was able to make this cute guest pillow to practice my embroidery.  I need A LOT more practice (it is a bit crooked)! It did the trick and made the blue walls less of a focal point.  Now I just need a headboard!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment