Wednesday, December 1, 2010

25 Days!

Usually, Christmas sneaks up on me. Typically, I get to Christmas day, and I have not done anything except decorate the tree and brave the mall to shop.  This year, I really wanted to do something special with the boys to show them that Christmas is not just about getting gifts and Santa.  While I know it is a big part of it, I really wanted them to learn how to share the season with family and do for others.  So, I decided to do something special everyday for the 25 days leading to and including Christmas.  Some of them are small, like a craft or watching a special movie together while several involve service or giving to those in need.


 We started today with cookies for our local firefighters! Our very sweet friends braved the boys and had us over to bake, decorate and deliver cookies.  The boys could not have been more excited or sugared up!












The very kind firefighters gave the kids a tour!


Thanks to all of our heros from firefighters to the armed forces! We are so grateful to you for your service!  Have a wonderful holiday season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment