Saturday, December 11, 2010

11 of 25!

Today was another donation day!  Lyndon and I had already discussed that we were overgrown with stuffed animals.  So, we suggested to the boys that we sort through the huge pile and donate to a couple of places.  I was shocked at how willing the boys were to let go of some of their beloved stuffed friends. Not only did they exceed my expectations, but I was a little heartbroken at a few they were willing to part with. I actually took one of them back out because it was the monkey that Logan had with him in his hospital crib!  We did a little research and made some calls and found out that the fire department would take any that were technically unused (we had a bunch that were never used sitting in a sling).  They keep them for emergencies involving children as a way to comfort them.  The rest of the items we donated to Goodwill along with some clothes we had to donate! The boys were very excited to make another trip to the firehouse and hand over items for kids that could some day be in need.  I was very proud of both of my boys today as they made the choice to think of others and be so willing to part with things they have cherished. In all, the boys donated around 100 stuffed animals (I had no idea we had that many) keeping some that they love and still enjoy. I think the season of giving is starting to sink in!
There were stuffed friends everywhere!


The boys hugged and kissed each one they decided to part with.




The same firehouse that we took cookies to on the first day! They were out grocery shopping, so no pics today, but maybe another time!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of my grandsons. They are learning so much about giving to others. Their giving spirits are heart warming and precious. Thank you boys for a lesson we all need to be reminded of especially at this time of the year.
    Love you lots,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete