Friday, December 17, 2010

17 of 25!

Today was sweet makin' day!  I wanted to do something yummy for the people on our block, and I wanted to try come candy recipes.  So, I found a recipe online for chocolate bark.  This could not have been any easier.  We also make some Puppy Chow which is a long-time favorite of mine, but I have not made it in years.  After seeing the recipe again, I remembered why!  There is nothing fat free about this stuff.  Well, the cereal is unil you dump the stick of butter, the peanut butter, the chocolate chips and the powdered sugar on top!  But, it is sooo good.  As usual, the boys were all over this activity! 
Crock pots rock!



I did not have enough white chocolate, so we had to mix in some semi-sweet milk chocolate.

Notice the apron!

Luke did not want to find the other apron which is with their play kitchen.  So, he compromised with this canvas shopping bag!

Bubba's chocolate and peanut butter bark!

Logan's peppermint bark!

The start of sin!



Shakin' it up!


Puppy Chow!

Sin! I will be sure to include the recipes below!

Logan loves to do the dishes.  He makes a huge mess...


...and they aren't usually clean, but I love that he wants to be so helpful!  I pray he is always that enthusiastic about helping!


Peppermint Bark:

2 pounds semi-sweet milk or white chocolate
12 large candy canes
1/2 tsp peppermint
I melted the chocolate in my crock pot, but you can do it on the stove too.  I am less likely to burn it on the crock pot! Then I added the candy canes and peppermint, stirred and poured on a cookie sheet (obviously one with sides).  I placed in the fridge for about 30 minutes, and it is ready to break into chunks! For this round, I cut the recipe in half just because I was not sure how much I needed. 

Peanut Butter Bark:

1 Cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup salted peanuts (I left these out this round)

Again, I melted in the crock pot and poured onto the cookie sheet.  I placed in the fridge for 30 minutes!

Puppy Chow:

1 Stick of butter
2/3 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1 regular sized box Chex cereal
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 jar peanuts (optional, I did not use this round)

Melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips together.  Stir in Chex and peanuts. Put powdered sugar in a brown paper bag.  Add Chex mixture and shake. Put in pan and refrigerate until cool!

1 comment:

  1. Puppy chow and peppermint bark on both on my list for this weekend! Yummy! I LOVE your idea of using a big paper sack. You are so smart :o) How great is it that Logan likes to help clean up?

    ReplyDelete