Saturday, December 18, 2010

18 fo 25!

I attempted two fun things for the boys today, but I ended up with plan C!  The first thing I wanted to do was to donate food to one of the local food banks.  However, none of them were open today or they did not offer a drop off address. Instead, they offered a P.O box for money donations.  I looked all over for information or any place we could donate food.  I have to say that I was very surprised it was so much work!  So, we moved on to plan B which was to get a little something together for the boys' Sunday school teachers and swim teachers.  Again, I had my heart set on this really cute craft I saw on a friends' blog.  She and her little ones made some precious bottle cap necklaces.  I figured the boys could make some for tree ornaments.  But, I could not find the bottle caps!  I roamed the isles at Michael's for about a hour. I was finally able to hunt down the loan person helping out, and he informed me they did not sell them.  So, I was heartbroken and had to move on to plan C (Michael's is having a huge sale by the way, and it was insane in there.  I really felt sorry for this guy)! While hanging out in Michael's the boys found a cute foam gingerbread house.  I figured it was easier than the real thing, so we grabbed it to do today! They had a blast with it! We also were able to come up with something for the teachers and called it a day! Hopefully, we can get back on track Monday with the food donation.  I am determined to do those bottle cap cuties too (A, if you are reading this, I would love to know where you found your goodies)!







As usual, Logan is in the background sweeping.  Bubba is off making another mess!


For those of you who care, I have a dog update.  Since the Barbie incident, Maddi has obviously not felt well.  I can't figure out why she ate it in the first place, but she has managed to throw up several times and has had potty issues.  I figured it just needed to run its course, so we have made sure she has had plenty of time outside even with our terrible weather.  Last night, however, she did something so unlike her, we took her in this morning to the vet.  From about midnight until about 3 this morning, she managed to EAT two large holes in both of the boys bean bags, ate half the cat's stalking (she literally pulled it off the mantle, and no,the irony is not lost on me), and she ingested several clothe squares of a hopscotch I made for the boys.  Then, she threw most of it up in our living room.  I woke up about 3 and realized she was not on the bed. I found her eating the hopscotch in the boys' room.  I did not discover the other items until we can down for breakfast.  I took her in, and the vet is just as puzzled.  They took blood, gave her fluids and did a physical.  We also have a new prescription for Prozac to calm her down and make her sleep at night until we can figure out the cause.  So, anyone out there reading this that has experienced anything like this with a pet, I woud love some insight.  I am quite baffled and worried!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Madi! As far as the bottle caps go, have you thought about buying some IBC root beers and using those caps? I think they might be twist caps so you wont have to use a bottle cap opener and damage them.
    Did you guys have any luck finding the hot chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the foam gingerbread houses. I will be heading to Michael's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gingerbread house looks great! I love the idea of using foam! We are doing ours tomorrow :o)

    It is so strange that your dog doesn't have a history of eating strange things and is doing it now. I hope the situation gets better soon. It must be so frustrating not to know what is causing her behavior.

    I had a hard time finding the supplies at first too. The bottlecaps are in the scrapbooking area at Hobby Lobby...who knew? Our Hobby Lobby does not carry Diamond Glaze, but I found it at Scrapbook Corner (right below Gymboree Gym)...the lady knew exactly what it was so maybe it is used in scrapbooking? I know other people have used modge podge too. I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete