Tuesday, December 14, 2010

14 of 25!

The boys and I worked this morning on a Christmas craft.  I originally wanted to cut out snowflakes from some really cute scrape booking paper I found.  However, I discovered quickly that I do not have the ability to cut out snowflakes. After about an hour of trying, I moved on to plan B! I had seen something online sometime back that actually had been done as wedding decorations.  But, I thought maybe I could translate it into Christmas.  I cut strips of newspaper, and the boys and I did a fan fold.  Then we pulled the ends together to make our own version of snowflakes!  It was really easy, and I was really happy with the way it turned out.  Then we super glued them to some twine and decorated the window.  I am sure this would be cute with any kind of paper or even fabric which is what i plan to try next.  If you give it a try, just know that thin, long strips are the best. The wide strips did not come together very well, and I discovered that cutting the entire length of the paper works best!  Happy snowflake making!












In other news, Lyndon almost stepped in dog puke this morning. I figured that the bit of leftovers I gave her last night upset her stomach. Upon further investigation,  this is what we discovered in the playroom...

...the dog had eaten all of the hair off two Barbies and had started on another.  Let me say that the dog has not chewed on anything since she was a puppy, so we rarely worry about toys being left out.  I have been getting my old doll house and Barbie stuff ready to give to a friend, and we just left it all out to finish up another time.  But, there was a load of stuff left out.  The boys had built an entire train track and left out a box of balls and cars.  I am totally perplexed why she chose the hair on Barbie!  I am guessing it was the hair that did not agree with her rather than my cooking!

1 comment:

  1. The snowflakes are so pretty. I love it! Very creative. Hope your dog is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete