Thursday, December 9, 2010

8 of 25!

I know it is a bit late, but I was really tired last night, so I opted to sleep!  Once again, I attempted to donate items to a local shelter.  Once again, they did not return my call.  SOOOO, I think I am going to contact my church and see what toys they can use and see if they have any ideas for the clothing items we have.  I have to say that I was very surprised that no one called me from the shelter.  After all, it is the Charlotte Crises Assistance Program.  I would imagine that they would really need clothes especially warm winter coats for children.  Because that did not work out yesterday, we had something else that had come up I thought would be appropriate.  Lyndon had several people in town for some training through their office and invited them over for dinner.  So, the boys pitched in to help clean the house and prepare two huge meat loaves, a bucket of mashed potatoes, salad, rolls and a yummy chocolate cake.  They even helped give the dog a bath...
...she hates baths!

I was very proud of Logan.  He cleaned all of the glass in the house using half a bottle of glass cleaner and a roll of paper towels.  He also dusted all of the wood and informed me afterwards that we need to purchase more wood cleaner.  It was almost a full bottle when I gave it to him.  I walked up to my room to see how he had done and had to turn on the fan to air out the Pledge smell.  He had done a better job polishing my furniture than I had ever done.  He also vacuumed and helped me grocery shop!  Luke, not being allowed to work with cleaning products, helped shop and did an excellent job cleaning up his toys in the bedroom and playroom!  I was very proud of his willingness to help! The dinner was a success and just a very small amount of food was left, not even enough for seconds tonight!  When we were trying to decide what to make, Lyndon suggested meat loaf because one of our friends who came over loves it. But, I felt a little weird serving meat loaf to dinner guests. As it turns out, they were quite excited about it.  Lyndon always tells me that traveling is very taxing and eating out all of the time gets old, so any kind of home-cooked meal is a nice change of pace.  As much as these guys travel, I am always happy to accommodate!  Logan was exhausted when we went to bed, and told me that cleaning is really hard work!  I hope he is beginning to realize that helping others can be hard work but worth it when everyone is happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment