Monday, January 10, 2011

Stuck!

Today we woke up to a lot of snow!!! Well, it is a lot for me anyway. 

 As usual, I had to make the dog go outside. She kept looking at me, at the door, at me as if she were pleading.


 
Lyndon decided to go on in to work because, you know, so many people were thinking of buying A/C units today!...hehe! He did come home early at least.  It is just a big sheet of ice now! That means another day stuck in the house!  Logan BEGGED me to take him outside in the front yard to work on a snowman.  He finally wore me down, and we headed out right before lunch (that way I could use hunger as an excuse to come back in)! Luke lasted 5 minutes, but I had to drag Logan in after 45 minutes. The snow was actually really soft which made it very difficult to construct anything.  Lyndon can take them out tomorrow while I sit in by the fire! 

As we ate lunch, we sat and watched the many birds in the backyard hitting the bird feeders.  I think they were a little baffled by the snow!  This woodpecker was hard at work, but he gave up with the rest of them when the snow started to fall even harder.  I have never seen snowflakes this big before.  It is beautiful, but I am good with one snowfall a year! 

1 comment:

  1. We tried to make a snow man too but the snow was not cooperating! Abby was disappointed and said that the snow is fun to look at but not fun to play in because its toooo cold!!

    ReplyDelete