Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bitter sweet!

So, my days are numbered as far as having both of my boys at home with me. I know that Logan will start school next year, and he is thrilled.  We have been going back and forth with the idea of homeschooling.  However, we have decided that he will go to the public school right around the corner next year.  There are some great reasons to keep him at home, but we believe he will be happiest at an actual school.  He just loves to be around other kids and responds well (if not better) to other adults.  There are some days I just have to really soak up these remaining months with them both at home. 

Then there are some days that I want to put them both on the bus and send them to school!  Today was one of those days.  It was just a long day trying to get everyone in the car, out of the car, in clothes, in shoes, in coats, you get the picture.  On top of just wanting everyone to cooperate, I had to navigate my way to a new doctor's office for Logan.  The one thing that makes my blood boil more than anything is getting lost.  I have zero sense of direction, and I can't read maps.  So, I really do work at planning ahead and leaving the house early.  I usually have google directions and my GPS going at the same time.  But, neither does me any good if I have the wrong address in the first place!  I called to get the correct address and then discovered that there are two streets with the same name about a block from each other. Guess which one I went to first?  Thirty minutes into what should have been a 5 minute trip, I found the office.  I really had to take several deep breathes and calm myself down so I did not go in guns blazing.  After all, we need this doctor to take out Logan's tonsils. I did manage to cool off and politely explained that I was a bit late because I was given the wrong address.  It turns out that there are two offices, and the other office does not know the location of the second office.  So did they just guess???  Seems that way.  They apologized and we moved on.  Long story to an even longer story, Logan has massive tonsils that will have to be removed.  They believe they are the cause of his snoring, restless sleep and infections.  They are also going to take care of the adenoids and those little vessels in his nose for the many nose bleeds!  I feel so badly for him, and I would never wish surgery on him, but we can't seem to figure out the cause of the infections. They aren't sinus or strep, so maybe the tonsils are to blame.  A bit of a stressful day, but on the bright side, Luke made me smile.  I told him we had to get ready to leave the house...
...this is what he came downstairs with!  I laughed and told him he could not take all of this stuff.  That, of course, led to a small fit.  Here is to a good night's sleep and doing it all over again tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for the stressful day. I would have been frustrated too. I LOVE (LOVE!) the picture of Luke...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura-I have those moments as well. What is your email? I want to send you an article I wrote for the local paper that I think you will appreciate. I love your blog by the way. YOu are so inspiring to me!!! You are doing an awesome job as a mom! THose boys are so lucky to have you and i know you feel the other way but you are doing amazing things with them! Keep up the great and tireless work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, here is my e-mail! lnanl2000@yahoo.com Thank you for your very kind comments. The truth is, I am lucky any of my boys put up with me! I look forward to reading your article!

    ReplyDelete