Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cold weather blues!

More cold weather on the way in another day or so. We are talking another round of snow!  I loved that we had snow for Christmas, and I loved that the boys got to play outside in it.  But, I am done with it now.  I want spring to be here and warmer weather.  I didn't mind spending 30 minutes getting the boys in their coats and socks and shoes and hats to run to get two items from the grocery store because there was the promise of Christmas.  Now, it is just really time consuming.  Even the dog is cold.

 We are having to fight her for space in the bed, and thanks to our sweet friends who sent this incredible blanket, we are having to fight her for it too! Every morning, I have to nudge her to go out!  Needless to say, we are all ready for some warmer weather!
On to other things, I am very excited to report that my food calendar is working out very well! Lyndon stopped by the store last night and got the fresh stuff for next week's meals.  He spent just a little over $40.  I originally thought I would just post all of the meals, but there are a lot of them which also means a lot of recipes.  So, what I thought I would do instead is share what I cooked at the end of each week.  If anyone wants a recipe, I can send it to them.  I did have one recipe that did not work out this week, black bean burgers.  If anyone has a good recipe for those, I would love to have it! 

January: 1-7
Sat.  Blue cheese and pear sandwhiches with black-eyed peas
Sun. Chicken pasta with asparagus
Mon.  Baked potatoes (with bacon bits) and raw veggies
Tues.  Chicken chow mein
Wed.  Black bean burgers (I nixed them and we ate chicken sandwiches)
Thurs.  Salmon patties with Greek salad
Fri.  Dinner with friends!
Hope you all have a fabulous week!!!

1 comment:

  1. So excited that you are posting your meals! I am with your sweet dog...bring on the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete