Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Still Stuck!

Another snow day!  I tried to rally and be somewhat productive.  We graduated Luke from the sippy cup which we thought would be a challenge.  However, he seemed to like the idea of using the "big boy" cup! We have the "big boy" theme going on now to manage the meltdowns.  It is amplified lately most likely from being stuck in our house.  He is really testing us on his independence, and it is taking everything I have to be patient and find new ways to get his cooperation.  I have read articles and looked for books, but they all pretty much say the same thing.  And I am summarizing here..."Just give it time and know that these children have skills that will serve them well in school and into adulthood.  They are usually focused and good leaders. As small children, they can be a challenge, but it is important not to "take" those things from them."  Nothing has really given me any ways in which to handle a throw-down fit in a public place.  Of course I could just pick him up and leave, but then Logan is the one who suffers because he is minding his own business and following directions.  So, that is our current challenge.  It is small compared to some of the concerns of others, and I know at some point we will find a way to direct his independence to the right places. I just have to pray that the good Lord will guide me and remember that this too shall pass!
I really wanted a picture of them in their cute sweaters.  Luke was very upset because he wanted to work on his puzzles rather than go to church. This was quite a battle this particular Sunday.  A smile from him was out of the question.

Sippy cups are sooo out!

We also got the boys all bundled up and let them play out in the backyard!  There was no way I was going out there today!





Then we rearranged the living room, and made some dinner, chicken and dumplings.  I have a really easy and tasty recipe for this, and all of the boys love it! The good news is that tomorrow we are supposed to have a play date! Yippee! Let's hope the ice melts enough for driving!

Have a warm and cozy night!

1 comment:

  1. We need to get Mia and Luke together!. Then again it might be too much to handle! I always said that Abby would end up with Luke and Logan would end up with Mia because they are use to dealing with their strong willed siblings, HaHa!

    ReplyDelete