Tuesday, September 28, 2010

To Bubba on his 3rd Birthday!

This past Saturday was Luke's 3rd birthday!  I cannot believe that my youngest is no longer a baby...it is difficult to think about in some ways, but on the other hand, I am very happy to be done with diapers!  In honor of Bubba, I thought a would share just few things about him!

20 Facts
1) Luke's name was actually going to be Lexie.  That's right, he was supposed to be a she.
2) "Bubba" is derived from Hubba Bubba which was his name after birth.  Luke was VERY round and pudgy and had beautiful pink skin.  He always reminded me of a big bubble like Hubba Bubba bubble gum. 
3) From very early on, Bubba has been a strange combination of extreme independence mixed with desire to be held constanly and loved on all of the time.  Even still today, if I am sitting down, he feels the need to be in my lap. 
4) Bubba resembles my dad in looks and mannerisms more than anyone else in the family. They always said that they broke the mold when my dad came into the world.  I guess they did not consider it could be glued back together!
5) He loves loves loves puzzles.  He will sit for long periods of time and put together the same puzzle over and over while talking to himself.
6) Bubba is NOT a good sleeper.
7) He loves to torment his older brother and laugh while doing so.
8) Bubba never does anything unless it is his idea and he must be allowed to do it in his own time. This includes getting in and out of the car, getting dressed or eating!
9) Bubba could sit and watch the tiniest ant forever.
10) His favorite thing to watch on TV is and has always been Scooby.
11)He loves the kitty, but the kitty does NOT love him.
12) He still has the best belly laugh I have ever heard.
13)His favorite food is strawberries
14) I believe that he will do something with architecture or construction where he can sit quietly for long periods and draw or build. 
15) He absolutely hates to wash his hands when I ask him to, but once he starts, I usually can't get him out of the water!
16) He also hates to have his teeth brushed.  We have graduated from me sitting on him and holding down to just putting him in a headlock!
17) He has a sweet and loving soul, but do not make him mad. You will be at the top of his list for a long time!
18) Bubba has a strange obsession with his belly button.  When he was younger, it was a daily chore to clean out his belly button.  He liked to use it as a storage container for everything from food to rocks. While some kids have a binky or a blanket, Bubba has his belly button!
19) He is not afraid to try or do ANYTHING. 
20) My favorite thing about him is his giant brown eyes!  Watch out ladies...they are dangerous!

 Luke, you are one of a kind, and I love you endlessly!  Thank you for being you!

Thanks Nana for the goodies! The puzzle has been put together and taken apart several times!

Dave and Busters for a little celebrating with just the four of us!








They both picked out a yo-yo with the tickets they won.  We have since spent a lot of time rolling it back up for them or taking it away because they have taken to swingging it over their heads!

Bubba chose Mac and Cheese and french fries for his dinner...he at the fries! Here is to another year!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is already 3! And, I remember when he was supposed to be Lexie! hehe. Happy Birthday, Luke!

    ReplyDelete