Monday, September 20, 2010

New Addition!

Meet Charlie (Logan named her after my mom's dog)!  This is our newest addition to the Cook family.  It has taken a couple of months to get Charlie to come around, so I waited to introduce her.  We were not sure she was going to ever become comfortable enough to stay, but she has become a part of the family!  I was very excited to acquire another cat after losing Sherlock a little over a year ago.  She is not as relaxed or as friendly as Sherlock, but I do hope with time she will get more and more used to the boys.  I do fear that Maddie and Charlie will never be good friends; I have never seen a cat have a more fiery-passionate hate for a dog. At any rate, she has taken to me very well, lets me hold her and love on her, and she LOVES to eat!  I was concerned when we first brought her home because she lost a bit of weight, but she has since discovered cat treats...I may have to put her on a diet!  And, despite her rough start (our friends found her pregnant and hungry behind their house), she is gorgeous.  I love her markings, and she is very soft and has beautiful green eyes.  So, I am happy to have her, and I think she will eventually make a great pet for Logan and Luke!

2 comments: