Thursday, September 9, 2010

Apple Sauce!

Yesterday was apple sauce day, and I peeled another 20 apples.  I am now down to a little less than three boxes to go...it is like they are growing in the boxes! Homemade apple sauce is super easy with a crock pot.  The hardest part is peeling the apples.  After peeling the apples, I cored them and quartered them (my corer quarters them for me, Pampered Chef makes the best one) and stuffed them all in one crock pot.  My kids love applesauce with cinnamon, so I just added a bunch, but I am sure there is a rule thumb somewhere.  I covered it, and turned it on low.  It took about 6 hours to cook down.  Very easy, and this time all of my jars sealed!  Amazingly, it only made 4 jars and enough left over for dinner last night.  But, it is really really yummy, and it is worth it because my kids like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment