Monday, March 14, 2011

Table facelift, more cleaning and caught reading!

We have had this table for about 6 years now, and it has been a great outdoor table.  But, the boys have worked it over pretty good, so I thought I would try and give it a second life!

                                                                             Before...
...After
I was pretty happy with the way it turned out!  About $25 worth of black spray paint is all it took!  I still may try to make some cushions for it just to add a little something, but for now, I love the new look! I am totally into spray paint right now, so don't be surprised if something else gets a makeover!
We have really been on a role with the spring cleaning thing.  The boys "helped" clean up leaves and clean out the garage today.  I am very impressed with their efforts!  Maybe by this time next year, I will have everything done on my list!

I walked downstairs yesterday and saw this...
...I think he is an old soul. He loves to look through the paper and drink hot tea!  He saw the front page today with picture of Japan. It was a very heart-wrenching photo of exhausted people walking through the streets of an apocalyptic-looking Japan and wanted to know what was going on.  I tried to explain the devastation and loss they are experiencing at the hands of mother nature.  I am not sure he or I either one can really comprehend what that must be like.  I will continue to keep them in my heart and pray for them as they recover from this. 

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day." - Abraham Lincoln

3 comments:

  1. Table looks great! I too am totally into spray painting things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the table makeover is amazing! LOVE that L likes to look at the paper and drink tea...adorable :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table and chairs look very nice! Logan and I have had tea together a few times. He is a great hot tea companion.
    Love to you all,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete