Saturday, March 26, 2011

First soccer game and Homeschool art!

This week has been a bit crazy with practices, and get-togethers!  I have totally neglected the laundry which is never good!  I thought it would slow down with the layered-clothing thing for winter, but now we have added the two-outfits-a-day thing from spending time outside.  However, I will never complain about the fact that it is warm enough to spend all day outside, so more laundry it is.  I had in my head that spring was here and we could put away the winter stuff, but guess what?? Logan had his first ever soccer game today, and it rained all day and got up to a whopping 45 degrees.  I was not a happy person as I pulled my sweater over my head and huddled under an umbrella with Luke.  I will say that he had a great game despite the crappy weather and even managed to score 3 goals!  I am just a little proud of my guy!
Look at those smiles!  They were drenched at this point and cold, but they were having a blast! I could not help but laugh as I watched the realization on Logan's face that he was actually playing on a team and in a game.  He has only had two practices, but I was amazed at how quickly their little minds picked up on the situation.  I had to explain to him what it meant to be on a team, so I was a bit worried that he would not know which way was up at the game.  Thank goodness he has more athletic ability than me! He jumped right in and never looked back.  I hope he keeps that mentality for a lot of things he does in life!



So I did not actually get the pic of him scoring the goal, but here is the post-score pic!  He was excited but was trying to keep the celebrating under control per instructions from the coach...




Our first game was a success!  They don't technically keep score for this age group, but let's just say that we totally killed!



Earlier this week, we joined our Homeschool group for some art time!

They had to us crayons and water colors to create a picture that represented spring...



...I love that my boys are completely different!  
 Logan HAD to have the sun and some flowers.
Luke's was a bit more abstract.  He just wanted that orange crayon and paint.

They were all proud of their work as they should have been! 

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Logan!!!
    BTW, I got my skype up and running so we are going to need to set a time for the kiddo's to chat!

    ReplyDelete