Thursday, March 31, 2011

My go at art!

I joined some friends tonight for a lesson in painting at a really cute place called Cajun Canvas!  I was expecting that I would be terrible seeing that I really cannot paint, but I wanted to try and see what I would come out with.  Plus, it was a nice break from the this insane week! So, here are the pics from my go at art. Please try and keep the laughing to a minimum!
The background which I was excited turned out well.  I was feeling pretty good about it at this point!

My friends who did a much better job!

These are branches in case you thought it was hair...the instructor called them "swoopie" and suggested large flowers to go with the large branches.  She was very kind about it...I am sure she went to the other room and laughed.

Hard at work! That is baby G.  He is precious!

So, the end product still did not turn out as good as I wanted.  I managed to do the large flowers, but I had a hard time shaping them correctly.  I finally got the hang of it on the last two smaller flowers.  I plan to tell everyone that I was going for a tropical theme all along...

Do you see the cute, SMALL flowers and branches on my friends' paintings?? Yep, that was the intention. My dad can paint and a great aunt on my mom's side can paint.  That means someone on both sides of my family has real talent when it comes to this stuff, and I somehow missed that gene! I will say that it was a lot of fun, and I will give it a go again sometime! For now, I think I will stick with paper and glue!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am very impressed! Great job, Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun!! And you look really pretty next to your great tropical flowers!

    ReplyDelete