Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring is here, spring is here. It's the best time of the year! -Little Bill-

Ok, so the only TV I watch these days is cartoons, so sorry if you are not familiar with Little Bill!  I am, however, really excited for sunshine, warmer weather and the chance to go outside!!!  We have been very busy this this week taking care of some repair work, spring cleaning and some crafts! 

Green cookies in honor of St. Patrick's Day
        I am cleaning out the closets, and it was time considering I had stuff from college in there!
Logan took this pic of his shadow!  Shadows mean sunshine!  Love it!
Flowers blooming all over the yard!
One of the sweetest pictures ever! 
We have several bird houses that need to be repaired and cleaned out after the long winter.  The boys were amazed at the nests inside.  They were very impressed with all of the stuff that the birds had used to build them with!
We also painted a new house to add to the yard!
Some lucky bird will get this hand-painted gem!
I have also had this picture on my To-Do list.  My aunt did this many years ago. Unfortunately, she passed before I was born and it was then given to my grandmother. When she passed, my mom adopted it. I never really appreciated the work she must have put into it until a few years ago.  I believe it is crewel which is a form of embroidery.  It is difficult to see in the picture, but it is very detailed and every bit is done with yarn.  It is just really unique and I want to keep it in the family if possible.  I always felt it needed a more updated frame, but I thought I would try and use the frame I already have and see what I could do for it.  I used some spray paint and then sanded it a bit so it would have an antique look.
I think it will work for now.  At some point I would like to do the picture justice and re-frame in a better frame.  But, for now, I think this makes it pop!
I also added this above the bed in the extra bedroom.  I found it at Target, and I love it.  It makes a fun and easy solution for my lack of a headboard!
Slowly but surely, this room is coming together!

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    Your aunt Nan would love the frame on her handi work.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete