Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Update!

So it has been a few weeks since my last update.  Our year-old computer has been with Geek Squad getting a new hard drive.  If you are in the market for a new computer, let me suggest something other than the Inspiron One...Anyway, there is a lot to update on, so here we go!

Lyndon had a work trip to St. Thomas!  We were there for about 5 days, and I have to say that it is the most beautiful water I have ever seen. 

We stayed at an all-inclusive which is the way to go if you go to one of these places. The view was incredible!

As we all know, I don't go under the water, but Lyndon took the opportunity to do a little snorkeling. 

I don't know squat about sailing, but it was windy and overcast most of the time while we were there which appeared to make for some good sailing.  There were tons of boats out there.  It looks romantic  on those boats...just you and the water; however, it also sounds like a lot of work!  One of the couples that went with us met some people who actually live on their boat and just sail from island to island.  They have two kids they homeschool on the boat.  Sounds fabulous in theory.  I am sure I would have thrown someone overboard after about the first month. 

This is a view of the hotel from the boat we were on that sailed to St. John's.


The view from the marriage gazebo!  What a great place to have a wedding!

One of the beautiful views from the pool side!

I had no idea there were glow-in-the-dark row boats!

There was a huge iguana population.  They were everywhere including the pool where they would take food from your hand.  We named one of them Fred because he was about the size of a human.  Someone said that he actually talked to them. 

St. John's island!  This has to be one of the best places I have been.  It was very small and relaxed.  We went on a "land safari" and saw one of the old sugar/rum mills and had lunch and snorkeling on the most beautiful beach I have seen! 


I wish I had had the chance to take more pics of the actual downtown area.  It was really pretty and colorful.  We were just very limited on time and were on buses mostly going from one place to the next.  I would like to come back sometime and just spend a few days on St. John! 




This guy was actually kind of aggressive! I guess he was looking for food!

The beach where we had lunch in St. John!





They have a lot of sailing competitions in this area. I wish I could have gotten I better pic of these boats. They were just too far out.

This is what I got to look at while I hung out by the pool...sucks, huh?

A pirate ship!

This was a little waterfall under our hotel!






A really awful pic of me.  Lyndon was really sunburned.  I made him leave on his hat because there was a very distinct burn line from the day before which kind of made him look like he had the top of his head removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment