Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A little sewing!

One of my sweet neighbors really wanted a nightgown to match her American Girl doll's nightgown.  I was happy to help out! I could not find an exact pattern, so I pieced one together using a pajama pattern. I was more concerned about getting the sleeves the right size. The pattern called for pants and a top, so I just lengthened the shirt to make it an actual gown. Then, cut the neck line to make it open more and added the elastic to the neck and the sleeves. 
I would like to add a special shout out to Luke for helping me with the fittings! I totally had to bribe him.  It cost me a serving of ice cream, and I promised not to tell a soul...he won't be able to read this until next year, and he will have forgotten by then!
She is a cutie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment