Tuesday, April 24, 2012

For the garden!

I have been meaning to share this fabulous idea that was given to me by my garden guru, Mr. Phil!  He suggested that I used empty milk cartons as a means of watering and fertilizing my veggie garden.  Poke several holes in the bottom and bury up to the neck.  Now, he has one between every two plants, but I did 5 dispersed throughout (my garden is small) and then also buried a soaker hose.  The idea is that you can use this to help collect rain water to water the roots (rather than soaking the leaves).  Also, this is the most convenient way to add Miracle Grow.  Just drop the scoop full in the top of the jug and fill with water giving you the 1 scoop to 1 gallon water ratio.  Plus it gets the Miracle Grow down in the roots!
A smart idea for fertilizing and reusing goodies around the house! 
Happy gardening!!


No comments:

Post a Comment