Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Tradition!

For the last 7 years that we have been together, Lyndon and I have maintained a very sweet and sappy tradition!  Believe it or not, he is the one who suggested it, but it has turned out to be a lot of fun for us and far less expensive than the typical Valentine's Day spend.  We have to make each other's gifts using $30 and whatever we can find in an hour at Michael's.  Then, we have an hour to construct and present. We have come up with some pretty crafty and useful ideas over the last few years such as clocks, Sweet-Reminder jars, personalized storage boxes, picture frames and candle holders! I love the personal touches of each gift and the fact that it is not breaking the bank!  Here is what we came up with this year!!
I am kind of a slob in the kitchen, so I am sure that Lyndon thought this was quite appropriate!  He even decorated with a few of my favorite things! 

If you know my husband, or if you have heard me talk at all about his OCD, then you know this is for him.  A cork board for organizing business cards, receipts, notes etc. just seemed appropriate for office or home.  I printed off some black and whites of the boys and added them to the decor. That way he can see their sweet faces each time he adds something!
Hope you had a fabulous day with your loved ones!!

1 comment: