Thursday, February 24, 2011

About Italy!

We hosted homeschool group again today. This week, we talked about Italy!  I was trying to keep in line with the theme of love since it is February.  I figured the Italians are passionate people who have love for life and really great food! So, we colored the Italian flag, discussed facts about the country and made our own pizzas! We also had a yummy Italian salad, fruit and biscotti for dessert!

I would share some fun facts about Italy, but the most important thing you need  know is that they introduced the world to pasta and gelato! Ok, maybe they are also known for the incredible artists, Michelangelo and da Vinci, operas, beautiful fashion and amazing history.  It is a beautiful country that I would love to visit sometime in my life!  For now, I will just have to eat enough gelato to feel like I am there!  Dio ti benedice!

No comments:

Post a Comment