Monday, December 3, 2012

And more painting!

I knew that doing the kitchen cabinets would open the gateway for other projects. At least this one was pretty painless and fast.  I decided that the dining room needed an update.  Fortunately for me, there was already a chair rail in place.  I just wanted to strip the wallpaper and paint the bottom half. Eventually, I would like to add frames on the bottom part too, but for now, I just wanted the wallpaper off.  It was not bad wallpaper, but it was starting to peel, and I needed something that would flow with the kitchen. 



I used hot water and vinegar to remove the wallpaper.  You can buy wallpaper remover, but this method works just as well, and it is cheap! I didn't measure the amount of vinegar.  I just dumped some into a hot bucket of water.  I really wanted to do a basic white on the bottom because at some point I may decide to add frames, but for now I was excited at how much the white opened up the room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment