Friday, December 7, 2012

More Christmast crafts!


I filled the bottom with some tissue paper so I would not have to pour a ton of sand in fill them up.  I just wanted to put enough sand in so they would not easily tip over.  




So, we are hosting Lyndon's work Christmas party at our house this year, and I really wanted to do something for the tables!  I looked around at some arrangements, but they were soooo expensive!  I just couldn't justify the expense, and we know I am cheap frugal.  So, I came across some really cute glittered pieces at a craft store, and I decided I would just make them work.  The containers are actually bed risers that I found at Big Lots, a package of 4 for $5!  I also bought some foam inserts and added a little sand to weigh them down. Then I topped them off with some snow flakes to cover the edge.  I sprayed the outside of the containers with some spray-on glitter.  I was happy with how they came out considering I spent about $7 to make each one!

I also saw a cute pic on Pinterest for cork Christmas trees.  I have been collecting corks (sadly, I have not been collecting for that long), and I knew I would find something cute to do with them.  I think that maybe some would suggest that I have a problem, but all the same, I added to my Christmas decor! I just glued them together, and it is sitting on top of a small terracotta pot which I had in my stash of craft stuff.  I also had the moss and twine, but you could use almost anything to fill or tie onto the container. I sprayed the actual tree with my left-over glitter from the above arrangements! 
Happy Christmas crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment