Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas is coming!

We have been busy decorating and doing Christmas crafts!
The boys are already busy preparing for Santa!  They wrote heart-shaped letters to him this year!

We have been getting our craft on too! I saw something like these on Pinterest, but I didn't open it up so I don't have the link for you.  I am not sure if I did it the way they suggested, but we kind of winged it.  I thought they did a pretty good job!




Finished!

I had some wood left over from my tent project last spring.  I thought I would paint something simple on them for the mantle.  I basically used spray paint and tape (my new, favorite way to paint wood) and then added some glitter.  Very messy, but I was happy with the way it turned out!

I also wanted to come up with a different way to do our Advent calendar.  I decided to make one this year and will incorporate our 25 Days of Christmas.  I had a bunch paper wine bags (more than I care to admit to) that I had kept and just cut them up.  I painted the numbers on them and then went to the dollar store to fill them up.  There are a bunch of little things, socks, pens, cards, money, candy etc. I also filled several of them with different activities such as movie night, making goodies for the firemen, donating canned goods etc. so the boys can participate in service as well! 
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment