Sunday, September 9, 2012

Yard project!

 

We started our yard project today!  Let me just say that I really don't mind yard work.  I actually like to mow and trim hedges etc., but I suck at it!  I DO NOT have a green thumb.  I am terrible with grass, and the only reason the bushes and other stuff is still alive is because it is really low maintenance.  I am always amazed every spring when they come back.  I managed to kill off a huge chunk of grass in the middle of the summer by over-zealously fertilizing, and I desperately tried to get it to grow again.  It was just too hot and sunny in this spot, so I finally sought out help from people who actually know what they are doing.  I inquired about a different type of grass, but the person I spoke to suggested we just give up the fight and do what a lot of people do which is go yardless.  This is all I have thought about for about two weeks now.  I looked at hundreds of pictures, and talked about it until I drove Lyndon and several other people crazy.  This is basically phase 1! We still need to put in some plants and do some stuff to the other side, but this is a good start! And, I would like to thank all of my fabulous neighbors who came out to help.  They made the work go so much faster and definitely made it more fun! I am very happy with it, and can't wait to get the plants going.  More to come down the road! 

No comments:

Post a Comment