Sunday, October 12, 2014

Happy 10th!

I cannot believe it, but we celebrated our 10th anniversary on October 2nd!  It just doesn't seem possible that we have been together that long.  Maybe it is because we haven't been in the same place more than 4 years?  At any rate, it just keeps getting better, and we are blessed beyond words.  I am grateful for everyday with him.  I truly appreciate just how much he must love me to put up with all of my tries and fails.  He just shrugs his shoulders and tells me to try again.  He never questions my purchases, though he probably wonders what I could possibly need that much of at Target.  He lets me cook whatever and tries it all.  And, even if it sucks, he still tells me thanks for giving it a shot.  And, though he may question my sanity some days, he is usually happy with the walls I knock down or the walls I paint or the stuff I move around.  I love that he ALWAYS opens doors for me and holds my hand every chance he gets.  He still takes me out on dates and talks to me as well as listens to my ramblings.  He gets that so many times, I just need to shut down and be away from everyone because it is people that exhaust me most. I love that he loves to sit and just watch a funny show on TV sometimes, and sometimes he will indulge me in a scary movie.  He works hard, and has a talent for talking to people, something I simply cannot do.  I am amazed at his ability to lead and allow for leadership, something so many people don't know how to do.  He is funny and can make fun of himself, something else so many men cannot do.  He also is not afraid of his girly side as I am guessing he is confident enough in his masculine side to let it shine through.  As his wife, I appreciate that because that just means he can appreciate a chick flick or that bracelet that I want.  It also means that he understands me when I am "emotional without cause" and just need to cry or talk it out.  He seems to love me just the way I am, and thank God someone can do that because I am a hot mess!  Happy Anniversary to a good man! I love you endlessly:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment