Wednesday, August 5, 2015

June Update!

So, June came and went in a flash, and as usual, I am behind on my pics for you. Here is June in a nutshell!
Luke and I got to take Logan to the airport so he could fly to Texas all by himself to see Nana and Papa! It was nauseating for me to let me do it, but he begged:-( He is getting big fast, and it is stressing me out!

We watched closely until the plane was in the air!

Then it was our turn to fly to Texas, and our first stop was Freebirds in Austin! If you have not been to Freebirds, you are missing out! I strongly suggest you try it while you are there! This was  Lyndon's lunch, btw! 



Georgetown

Next stop was Georgetown! I love this little town, and I miss it. It looks completely different now from when I was growing up here, but it still felt like home! Here are a few pics of the downtown area:-)









Dixie Dude Ranch

Another awesome stop for us was the Dixie Dude Ranch right outside of Bandera, Texas! I highly recommend this place:-) We wanted to do something with the boys that they had not done before and really wanted to do something that they don't have access to in Florida. This place was internet and TV free, and they boys never complained. They had so much to do including swimming, horseback riding, roasting marshmallows, fishing, hiking and shooting! The staff was excellent, food was great, and the weather could not have been more perfect!

One of the many cats that roamed the property!



The goats were everywhere!








Beautiful views!











Amen!













Our cabin! I will say that the cabins had a very "rustic" feel to them. Don't go expecting luxury bedding and room service...it is a working ranch. It was clean, and the water worked! 

The horses were beautiful!



Another amazing view!

And one afternoon, we ventured to the small town of Bandera. I took my kids to this bar. I also won Mother-of-the-Year award:-) It is not like I gave them beer to drink, they had root beer for the kids, and they refused to sit in the "bra" room. We sat on the patio and watched the drunk cowboys play pool. I wanted to give them the best Texas experience I could. 



More of the cute decor around the property!

Like I said, the staff was amazing! One of the guys let the boys help around the ranch and made them honorary ranch hands. They got to collect firewood, ride in the truck and help open up the gates. They were in heaven!  


The dog was one of 4 labs on the property. This one in the pic is Pearl. They followed the boys everywhere, but she especially loved the fishing pond! 

Me and Cash out for a walk.


And after I took them to the bar, we went and shot some guns. 

They did a pretty good job for their first time! 

4th of July

We concluded our trip to Texas with the annual Aqua Boom parade and fireworks show at Nana and Papa's lake house! 

A really bad picture of the fireworks show out on the lake.

A little better:-)

The boys setting off fireworks illegally on the boat dock to wrap up the vacation. If you are going to be an outlaw, make it count! 
I hope your June was as memorable as ours!









No comments:

Post a Comment