Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Drum roll please...

We have the beginnings of green beans and bell peppers!  Sorry, not much has happened this week, so I am reporting on the little things. I am very excited about the prospect of fresh veggies because I am attempting a container garden this year.  I have also planted tomatoes and spinach. They are not popping through yet, though. I will keep you informed of how it is going!




In other news, this is my up and coming project.

Ten pounds of fresh-picked strawberries!  There is a farm that grows them just about a mile or two from my house.  The sad thing is, I plan to return this week for more.  I am going to attempt strawberry jam, Lyndon's favorite.  Anyone have a good recipe?? These are SOOO much easier to clean and contend with than the apples.  If the jam turns out,  I will share the recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment