Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cool air!

And we have air!! A week later, and our new system is running nicely. So, now the battle of temperatures begin.  My sweet husband is a fan of the cold.  For him, short-wearing weather starts when it is about 55-60 degrees outside.  He would probably prefer the house to run at 60 also.  He also loves the overhead fans. So, it could be a nice 70 or 80 degrees outside, and I am wearing my parka to do laundry.  During the week when he is at work, it is easy for me to turn the temp up for me and the boys to be comfortable. But, in the evenings and on the weekends, what temperature the house is set on is an ongoing battle.  He goes from room to room and turns on all the fans, turns the temp down, turns off all the lights and closes all of the blinds to cool the house to a "comfortable" temperature.  Then, I follow behind him, open up the blinds and turn off the fans.  We do this several times a day on the weekends.  My favorite is when he asks me to cook in the dark so I don't heat up the kitchen too much.  It might appear that we save electricity; however it is all relative when the air is set to freezing...and so, as the temperatures (and crazy humidity) slowly increase, the battle will continue!

It would not be right if I did not share some pics of the boys with you!  May you have a wonderfully, cool day!


Logan has become obsessed with Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  He loved the movie, and when I told him there were more books in the series, he just had to have them.  I tried two different libraries, but the wait list was insane, so we finally ordered the box set for him. Luke, of course, had to have a little something special too.  He chose G-Force.  Both of them have slept with their goodies for a week now! 


A little baseball.  They have a bat somewhere, but instead of taking the time to look for it, they came up with an alternative! 



I will leave you with an actual rabbit hole!  We have watched and waited for babies, but none have appeared yet...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you guys! Abby said randomly the other day "Can we go and see Logan and Luke"? She was so excited when I said "YES, as a matter of fact, we can!"

    ReplyDelete