Thursday, November 18, 2010

Logan's turn!

We took Logan to the doctor today for his 5-year checkup!  As usual, we were told he is big for his age, 95% for height and weight. I was proud of him as he conversed with the doctor.  Lyndon likes to give me a hard time about it, but there was a time when I was worried that Logan wasn't going to talk!  He called a ball a "go-go" forever and just would not use his words.  I was concerned when he turned 2 and really did not show interest in talking.  NOW, I have to tell him to stop talking sometimes so I can get a word in! The conversation was interesting.  Logan likes to ask people questions especially about their families and their birthdays.  So, the doctor was very surprised when Logan asked the him about his own kids.  Then the doctor asked Logan about any pets we have.  With a very straight face, Logan told him a dog, a cat and two monkeys!  The doctor got a good laugh and told me his speech and conversation skills were just fine!  I was also very pleased that we were able to get the flu mist rather than a shot this year.  If Logan has any hangups, shots are it.  He has broken several needles before, and last year, it took three nurses and myself to hold him down!  Next year, Lyndon will have no choice but to come with me and hold him down! Isn't there a better way?  I mean they have the flu mist; can't they do all vaccinations through the nose? I really think it is something to consider!

No comments:

Post a Comment