Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Six Years!

Six years in review!

Approximately 9,862 diapers
Approximately 2190 days of ARMY t-shirt wearings
5 cars (including the rockin' minivan)
4 homes
3 states
2 beautiful kids
2 cats
1 dog
1 chipmunk
1 fractured ankle
1 busted chin
1 Lasik surgery, 2 surgically removed wisdom teeth, 1 emergency appendectomy
1 Deviated septum, 1 snore plasty (which saved you from having your own room)

Things I don't care to think about counting:
The amount of times we have been peed, pooped or puked on
The amount of time we have cleaned up pee, poop or puke
The amount of time or money we have spent at the grocery store
The amount of laundry we have done
The amount of doctors visits
The amount of illnesses
The amount of gray hairs I have to cover
The amount of gray hairs you would have if you had hair

What a wild ride it has been.  I am beginning to think this is the pace we will go for the rest of our lives, and I would not have it any other way!  Thank you for all that you do for me and the boys including providing a wonderful home and great opportunities for us all. Thank you for your integrity at work and at home.  Thank you for your kind and giving heart.  Thank you for your energy. Thank you for being so very supportive of all of my crazy ideas. Thank you for turning off the TV to listen to me.  Thank you for not even having to think about helping me clean or helping out with the boys.  Thank you for changing light bulbs the minute they go out. Thank you for not whining too much about the grocery bill. Thank you for opening the car door for me every time we are together.  Thank you for still holding my hand even when we are sitting in the car. Thank you for knowing how to make my coffee.  Thank you for appreciating who I really am eventhough that means dealing with the sporadic thoughts, unfinished sentences, my inability to think of simple vocabulary words, and my desire to change things up constantly!  Thank you for your constant respect and encouragement for what I do.  And, thank you for your respect for me in general.  You are simply a good man!  I love you endlessly, and here is to many more years!!!

1 comment: