Thursday, June 10, 2010

A summer without swimming...

The beginning of the summer has been rough with Logan's cast!  Because he has not been able to swim or do anything involving water, I have really tried to find other activities that both kiddos can enjoy!  We also have some wonderful friends who have made themselves available for playdates and fun outings! So far, the heat has not been overwhelming which is nice.  They have spent a lot of time outside in the yard or playing on their "cars"!  We have even figured out how to set up Logan in the car so he can drive. 

So, he is learning how to adapt to his misfortune and handling it so much better than me!  I am the one who is pouting about the pool because I have hauled them back and forth to swim lessons since February to prepare for living at the pool this summer!  It is interesting how God works in our lives.  I guess He needed me to focus on other things? At any rate, we are having fun!  So, here are a few of our latest adventures. 
Logan and Luke helped me replaced the plants I lost during the move (that Lyndon killed during the move, rather)
Our adventure to pick strawberries with our wonderful neighbors!
The boys ate half of them before we even got home!
The kids enjoying a fruit smoothie...
precious!
Logan has a crush...she is as sweet as beautiful!

Luke helping wash the car...
and cooling off daddy!
The Lazy 5 Ranch!

They could not keep this beautiful bird in his "area"!  He was very entertaining!  The poor woman would move him back to his area, and within a minute, he would be back!  I felt her pain as I could not keep Luke where he was supposed to be!  The camals were a riot! 
This ram was very aggressive!  Those poor baby goat just wanted a bite, and he would literally kick them out of the way!  Logan was very disappointed in his behavior and refused to give him any food!
This peacock was amazing!  I think he was really trying to impress the ladies! They did not give him the time of day, but Luke could not stop staring at him!

No comments:

Post a Comment