Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cookie Recipe!

It was suggested that I post the recipe to the yummy cookies I blogged about not long ago!  I would love to tell you that it is a ancient family recipe, but the truth is that it came out of the Joy of Cooking cookbook!  So, if you have that particular cookbook, the page number is 705, and they are called Chocolate-Chip Drop Cookies!  Otherwise, here is the recipe!

Preheat oven to 375.
1/2 cup butter
Add gradually and beat until creamy:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
Beat in:
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
Sift and stir in:
1 cup plus 2 tbs sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Stir in:
1/2 cup chopped nutmeats (I skipped this)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Drop batter from teaspoon, well apart, on a greased cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment