Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Where to begin?

Well, I think the best way to do this is just to start at the end and work my way backwards.  I should start by telling you that we have moved to the great state of Florida and what an experience it has been so far!! We are now living in the tropics, and in case you don't know this already, the tropics are filled with lots of fun, slimy things such as snakes (we have seen 5 just in our own backyard)!  We also have some awesome looking spiders (insert sarcasm here) and gators.  And, wouldn't you know it, we have black bears!  Also, it is hot!  Not just summertime hot, but it is the kind of heat that I would imagine to be in hell.  I am not usually a sweater, but this has changed.  We are all wearing a permanent heat rash which is just about as awesome as a sunburn:-) With all of the complaining, I will say that this is going to be a good thing in the end. Lyndon was asked to come here and run the office, and it is a good opportunity and a huge challenge for him, something he loves and was looking for.
In other news, I too, have been given an opportunity by my good friend, Lori. She has asked me to edit and do some writing for her as she starts her new adventure as a relationship coach.  We are in the process of putting together a book based on her blog posts, really great information on how to keep your relationships going strong.  I am very blessed to be a part of this.  It is providing me with some great experience and possible opportunities down to road.  It is also allowing me to stay at home with my two small people (though they aren't very small anymore)!
So, that is what has consumed me since the beginning of March just in case you have been worried:-) We got the word early March, and I spent my days prepping the Charlotte house to sell as I finished up the two big projects for the boys' school (more on that later) and trying to find a new place here to call home.  It all worked out in the end, as it always does, but it was a whopper of a move this time around.  It made me very grateful for my husband's strength, patience and poise as I came very close to being admitted to the insane asylum.  I now have a bunch of lovely gray hairs, but I am going to go with the premise that I am just becoming more distinguished.
For now, I will leave you with a few photos of the boys and our new "friends."







Be back soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment