Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gardens!!

Finally the weather has been nice enough to get outside and putter around in the yard!  This is what we have been up to!
I have a small plot in the backyard that would be ideal for a garden, but it needed some work.  For instance, there was a rather large rock that needed to be moved, and I needed to relocate a couple of shrubs.  The shrubs were easy enough, but the rock took a little work. Thank goodness he isn't a quitter!
You may remember in one of my last posts, I mentioned that I snagged some wooden pallets!  I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with them, but I put as many in the car as I could get in the back.  I had seen some ideas on Pinterest that offered tutorials on using the pallets as garden boxes, but that wasn't going to solve my dog problem.  I stared at the pallets for a bit before I finally decided that maybe they would be better used as a fence to create the garden area rather than go buy chicken wire to surround the garden boxes.  We bought some hinges and a couple of latches where the gate goes. 
 
 


 
It isn't the most beautiful fence I have seen, but it only cost about $20 to make, and it functions quit nicely. I am pretty happy! Once I get everything planted and it starts to fill in, I will post some better pics. 
 

And, lastly, wanted to post pics of these mugs just because!

Happy Gardening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment