Saturday, September 10, 2011

School Begins!

While I have been dreading the fall because school is starting, I have to say that watching Logan's face light up everyday makes it totally worth it!  He has always liked school, but this is a new arena for him, and he is beside himself.  I realized quickly that as sad as I am about him being gone from 8 in the morning to almost 5 in the afternoon, this was definitely the right choice.  I am amazed at all of the stuff they do with them, and I truly believe that kindergarten teachers have a special place in heaven.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have fifteen 5-year-olds in one room most of the day.  I know Logan and how loud and energetic he is, so adding 14 more just like him would be overwhelming.  I attended an open house this past week and had a chance to chat with his teacher.  She told me he is VERY excited about everything they do and seems to be competing with a couple of other boys to be the first to answer, be it right of wrong.  I will make sure to give her gift certificates for massages or lots of coffee! 
Then there was Luke!  Luke is not as crazy about getting up and getting dressed for school, but once he is there, he seems to have a great time.  We have had a report this last week of a time-out for running, surprise! But, the teacher assured me that he and another boy just need to get used to the classroom rules.  He did seem genuinely upset about having been put in time out. "They hurt my feelings," were his words exactly.  And, he cried when I told him we needed to tell Daddy about it.  I am praying that he will get more and more used to his school as the weeks pass.  I want for him to be excited about school too!  Ok, enough talk; here are the pics!

Logan's first day to ride the school bus!  He thinks it is so cool...just wait until junior high!


Luke's first day of pre-k!

One of the funniest things about getting Logan to the school bus stop is this dog!  Maddi thinks it is her responsibility to walk Logan to and from the bus each day.  Once Logan picks up his bag and lunch box, she whines and waits by the door until I put on her leash.  Then, about 4 in the afternoon, she starts following me around and pushes her nose up against the back of my legs until I get her on her leash and walk to the bus stop.  It is amazing to watch her with the Logan at the bus stop.  She barks when he gets on and nearly drags me the doors when he is getting off.  She goes nuts when she sees him!  Once he is home, she is calm again.  She has always been protective of the boys, but I have never seen her like this before.  It is really sweet!

Luke was very excited to pick up some books from the library at school!

Logan has also started soccer with the same team as last year!  They have a bigger field to work with this time around and some really good, aggressive players on the other teams.  It may take some getting used to!

Logan is teaching his little brother the basics so Luke can play in the spring!

I put in this picture for a Charlie update!  She has made much progress with me and Lyndon.  She now sleeps on my head every night and allows Lyndon to pet her on occasion. She still HATES the dog and is not crazy about the boys, but she at least comes out from under the bed when they are around.  If it is not obvious from the picture, she is eating just fine!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment