Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer with the fam!

Continuing with our summer fun we welcomed one very important guest, big sister Kalyn!  We had a week of pool time, movies and just goofing off before we headed to Texas to visit Nana and Papa!


I included this pic because Luke took it...he was very proud of it!

I love this picture of Lyndon and Kalyn! 

On to Texas!

Logan and Papa were inseparable.  I am not sure Papa was prepared for this hard-working guy!  Logan was on his heels the entire week.  He even got to attend a Rotary Club meeting, and he got to go to Papa's office...he was in heaven!

Papa even let him work with some high-powered tools!



This is what Luke and Papa did when they hung out! 

Another favorite!


We also happened to be there when my dad turned the big 65!  His office had a nice little party for him. 
He does not usually dress like this, just for special occasions...
I loved they cupcake table!  I grew up hearing my dad punch numbers on a calculator just like that one.  I loved to watch him add stuff up on that machine because he never looked at it.  He would add long lists of numbers and never even look up from the paper.  It still baffles me!
What you see in this picture is my husband (aka my third child) and Logan in a water fight.  They are drenched along with the windows.  What you don't see (because I did not want to chance getting my camera wet) is my mom and dad below them trying to defend themselves with another water hose.  Lyndon started it, and that should not surprise anyone.  The problem is that he started it off by hosing down my mom...not a smart move!
 
Logan is right there in the middle with his own defense.

Poor Bubba was just an innocent bystander! 

The boys also decided that they needed to build their own lean-to.  Here we are in the beginning stages...
...and the final product!  Looks pretty safe, huh?

The real treat was hanging out on Papa's boat and swimming in the lake! 

Captain Papa


Queen Nana
Uncle Don and his pipe (the boys are fascinated with the pipe)
Grandma Belle!

Post-swim snack and pre-fireworks!

It may be difficult to see, but there are hundreds of boats out on the water!  This is the annual fireworks show on the lake, and it is impressive! I took some pics, but they don't really do it justice.

AND, we finally lost those two teeth on the bottom!  The Tooth Fairy came through and left a few dollars!

Your face is going to stick like that! 
I have been getting this look a lot lately especially when he is not happy with me!

Here is hoping you had a great 4th of July and are enjoying your summer!! More summer fun to report soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment