Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Painted Ladies!

Today we released our pretty Painted Ladies!  The boys have had a lot of fun watching the caterpillars form their chrysalids and then become beautiful butterflies!  Well, Lyndon and I have had fun too.  They were all out of their chrysalids as of Sunday, and we waited for a nice cooler morning to let them go in the backyard.  We got to touch a couple of them and several even stayed on our hands for a bit before flying off!  I have to say that I was really impressed that this actually worked.  I expected that they would die or never come out of the chrysalids or make it past Bubba for release.  But, they did, and it was a great learning experience for the boys!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I put it on my must-do list when you first posted about it and now that I have seen the results, I am even more excited!!

    ReplyDelete